Saturday, April 25, 2009

IPLed

This is season 2. And I am gradually taking to monster Modi's creation, the IPL. I am from Punjab and live in Bangalore but seeing some of my favorite cricketers across teams I can't quite decide on my loyalties yet. But if I have to take sides, I'd vouch for RCB because there's Dravid, DD for Sehwag, and MI for Sachin. Also, I support Dada, but not his team owned and run by friggin turds.

The matches have been pretty interesting thusfar with the race for semifinal berth hotting up. And some fine performances from those thought of as ill-fit for this format of the game. Dhoni's frequently delivered banality, 'it depends on how you play on that particulr day', stands true in this format too.

But this is IPL it's not all about the matches and it's certainly not deprived of some of the usual irritants. The biggest being that dumb Bedi lady. She is reason good enough for you to hurl anything heavy in to your TV. I mean seriously if there are cricket fans out there who want to watch some skin they'd rather use the 7.5 mins break to find something more worthwhile on a different channel.

Who can forget the old bore team of commentators, Bhogle and Shastri. My hair stand, just like in the Anchor ad, every time Bhogle doles out another one of his crappy platitudes. Heard him say the longest 'huge' today, for a moment i thought there was some production problem. Please spare us Mr. Bhogle.

Back to the cricket Mumbai Indians just wrecked the match for themselves. They were going pretty fine till the half way mark and then began the collapse. Shikar Dhawan's really a waste, Abhishek Nayar has to be promoted up the order.

For now.

P.s. Harsh Bhogle's been up to something... sample this (verbatim)... "big, big, big, it's coming in to me.... aaaaaaahh"

No comments: